As a Gruveo subscriber, you can organize unlimited group video and voice calls with up to 12 participants.
Group calls can be established in one of two ways:
- By all of the participants joining the same call room, or
- By inviting additional participants to an ongoing call on your Gruveo link.
Let’s go through each option step by step.
How Do I Make a Group Call Using a Call Room?
Organizing a group call using a call room is the recommended approach due to its simplicity. Here is how it works:
- Install the Gruveo Instant Connect extension for Chrome or Firefox.
- Once the extension is installed, click the extension button in the browser toolbar to instantly generate a random room link.
- The link will be automatically copied to your clipboard.
- Send the call participants the room link, which will look like this: https://www.gruveo.com/mcvtfi.
- On the scheduled date and time, follow the link to enter your Gruveo room.
- Wait for the other participants to join the same way. After they connect, your call will begin.
- Optional: After all the call participants have connected, lock the call room by clicking on the lock button at the top of the call screen. Locking the room will ensure that nobody else can join your call.
- To exit the call room, click the red hang up button at the bottom of the call screen.
Note: Make sure you are logged in to Gruveo when joining a call room. Otherwise, your call will be considered a free one and will be automatically disconnected after 20 minutes.
How Do I Add More Participants to an Ongoing Call on My Gruveo Link?
If you have a one-on-one call on your Gruveo link, you also have the option to invite more people to the call, thereby making it a group conversation. Here’s how to do it:
- Unlock the call by clicking the lock button in the upper left corner of the call screen. (Calls on Gruveo links are locked by default.)
- Share the one-time call link with the people that you want to join that particular call. You can copy the link by clicking the Copy button next to it.
- To end the call, click the red hang up button at the bottom of the call screen.