Call rooms let you setup a one-time Gruveo call without revealing your handle. Unlike handles, room names in Gruveo don’t have the @ symbol in front. Anyone entering the same room on Gruveo, e.g. gruveo.com/teamchat, will be connected to each other. Simple as that!
Who Can Use Gruveo Call Rooms?
Gruveo call rooms are free to join by anyone without requiring a login. However, a room call will not get established until a Gruveo subscriber joins. If the subscriber disconnects from a room call and doesn’t return, any invited callers will stay connected for another 10 minutes, after which the call will end.
When Should I Use a Room for My Call?
Call rooms are perfect for arranging quick, one-time conversations. Unlike having the other person call you on your Gruveo link, connecting in a room doesn’t reveal your contact info to the other person. Also, setting up group calls is easier with call rooms.
How Do I Setup a Call in an Call Room?
To setup a call in a call room, follow these simple steps:
- Install the Gruveo Instant Connect extension for Chrome or Firefox.
- Once the extension is installed, click the extension button in the browser toolbar to instantly generate a random room link.
- The link will be automatically copied to your clipboard.
- Send the call participants the room link, which will look like this: https://www.gruveo.com/mcvtfi (note that there’s no @).
- On the scheduled date and time, follow the link to enter your Gruveo room.
- Wait for the other participants to join the same way. After they connect, your call will begin.
Can I Have a Custom Room Link?
You sure can! Follow the steps below to create one:
- Go to the Gruveo website at www.gruveo.com or launch the Gruveo app.
- Enter your desired room name and click a call button.
- Click the Copy button on the room’s waiting screen to copy your link.
Do I Need to Create Rooms in Gruveo in Advance?
No. A Gruveo room automatically comes into existence by someone joining it, so you don’t need to create rooms for your conversations in Gruveo beforehand. You can use as many call rooms as you’d like.
An Error Message Appears When I Try to Join a Room. What Do I Do?
There are several reasons why you can’t join a call room, and the solution depends on the particular message that appears on the screen. Here are the possible messages, along with explanations and recommendations:
- This room is currently locked. This message appears when a call room is locked. You can ask the participants of the ongoing call to unlock the room so that you can join.
- Room is full. The room you are trying to join is at capacity (12 participants). You need to wait for a spot to free up for you.
Why Did My Call End After 10 Minutes?
If the call organizer disconnects from a room call and doesn’t return, the call is automatically ended after 10 minutes. If the organizer returns before the 10-minute limit is up, the timer is cleared and the call can again continue indefinitely.