Call rooms let you setup a one-time Gruveo call without revealing your handle. Unlike handles, room names in Gruveo don’t have the @ symbol in front. Anyone entering the same room on Gruveo, e.g. teamchat, will be connected to each other. Simple as that!
Who Can Use Gruveo Call Rooms?
Gruveo call rooms are free to join by anyone without requiring a login. However, free Gruveo calls are automatically disconnected after 20 minutes unless there is at least one logged in Gruveo subscriber (e.g. you) on the call. To lift the limit and prevent automatic disconnection for a call you organized, always make sure you are logged in to your Gruveo account when joining the call room.
When Should I Use a Room for My Call?
Call rooms are perfect for arranging quick, one-time conversations. Unlike having the other person call you on your Gruveo link, connecting in a room doesn’t reveal your contact info to the other person. Also, setting up group calls is easier with call rooms.
How Do I Setup a Call in an Call Room?
To setup a call in a call room, follow these simple steps:
- Come up with a room name for your conversation. The room name may contain Latin letters and numbers, e.g. rome10 or myroom.
- Send the call participants the room link, which will look like this: https://grv.to/myroom (note that there’s no @).
- On the scheduled date and time, follow the link to enter your Gruveo room.
- Wait for the other participants to join the same way. After they connect, your call will begin.
Tip: To grab the Gruveo link for your room, go to the Gruveo website or launch the Gruveo app. Enter the room name and click a call button. Then, click the Copy button on the room’s waiting screen to copy the link.
An Error Message Appears When I Try to Join a Room. What Do I Do?
There are several reasons why you can’t join a call room, and the solution depends on the particular message that appears on the screen. Here are the possible messages, along with explanations and recommendations:
- This room is currently locked. This message appears when a call room is locked. You can ask the participants of the ongoing call to unlock the room so that you can join.
- Room is full. The room you are trying to join is at capacity (12 participants). You need to wait for a spot to free up for you.
- Your free call has ended. Please see the section below for an explanation.
Why Did My Call End After 20 Minutes?
If there are no logged in Gruveo subscribers present in the call room, the call is automatically disconnected after 20 minutes. A call can be established without a subscriber in the room, but such a call will only last 20 minutes, with a timer on the call screen counting down the time left.
For the call to continue after the first 20 minutes, at least one Gruveo subscriber needs to join. The timer will disappear and you will be able to enjoy unlimited calling for as long as the Gruveo subscriber is in the room.
What If I’m Late for a Call I Have Arranged?
We’ve got you covered! Even if a Gruveo subscriber is late for a call in a call room, the free users can still connect and wait for up to 20 minutes for the subscriber to join them. Please see the previous question for more information.
Can Only Gruveo Subscribers Organize a Call in a Call Room?
No, any Gruveo user can organize a call but there needs to be at least one logged in Gruveo subscriber in the room for the call to last beyond 20 minutes. Otherwise, the call will be ended when the time is up.
Can Users Join a Free Call Again After It Is Automatically Ended?
Yes, they can, for an unlimited number of times.