As a Gruveo subscriber, you can easily record your voice, video and screen sharing calls. Follow these steps:
- During a Gruveo call, locate the round recording button in the call’s top control bar.
- Press the button to start the recording. You’ll see the button pulsate as the recording is initializing.
- Once the circle inside of the button turns into a square, a red dot recording indicator will appear in the upper left corner of the call area, accompanied by an audible beep. The call is now being recorded.
- To stop call recording, press the recording button again.
With Gruveo, you don’t need to wait for the recordings to be processed. They’re ready for you to use almost immediately after you stop the recording or the call is ended. You can record voice-only calls, video calls and also screen sharing sessions, and you can make multiple recordings during the same call.
Call recordings are made in MP4 format in HD resolution (1280×720). You can play them right in your Gruveo dashboard, or download as MP4 video files.
How Do I Know That a Call Is Being Recorded?
Gruveo displays a red dot indicator in the upper left corner of the call area during the whole recording session, no matter which party is recording the call. In addition, a beep sounds at the beginning of the recording, so even if you’re not looking at the screen or are having a voice-only call, you are notified of a recording taking place.
Note: The call recording functionality is only available to Gruveo subscribers. The users joining your calls cannot record them through Gruveo.
Where Can I Find My Recordings?
You’ll find all your call recordings on the Call Recordings page of your account dashboard. For each recording, the following information is shown:
- The room name or permanent link that the call took place on
- The date and time of the recording
- The recording duration
- Recording file size
- Recording storage: Gruveo, Dropbox or Google Drive
- A preview of the recording.
You can watch the recordings right on that page, or you can download as well as delete them.
Managing Your Gruveo Storage
Gruveo lets you save the recordings to your Gruveo storage, Dropbox or Google Drive. Each account user has 5 GB of Gruveo storage available for their recordings. You can see a storage quota usage indicator at the bottom of the call recordings list.
The Gruveo storage allows overruns. As long as you have some storage space left, you can always record one more call – no matter how long it is.
When your Gruveo storage is full, just delete some recordings you don’t need and you’re good to make new ones. Alternatively, you can switch to storing your recordings in Dropbox or Google Drive (see below).
How Can I Have My Recordings Saved to Dropbox or Google Drive?
In addition to storing of up to 5 GB of recordings in the Gruveo storage that comes with your user account, you also have the option to save any recordings you make to Dropbox or Google Drive.
Note: Gruveo currently does not support saving the recordings to Google Drive’s shared drives.
To switch the storage for your recordings, do the following:
- Go to your Call Recordings page
- Choose the desired storage option in the “Storage” drop-down box
- Follow the instructions to connect your Dropbox or Google Drive account
- Click “Save changes”.
The new storage option will apply to any subsequent call recordings you make.
Can I Have Every Call Recorded by Default?
Yes, you can! Go to your Call Recordings page, check the checkbox next to “Automatically start recording for each call” and then “Save changes”. From now on, call recording will be automatically started for each of your Gruveo conversations. You will still have the option to turn off the recording during the call.
How Do I Switch the Layout of My Call Recordings?
Gruveo supports two ways of laying out the participants’ pictures on call recordings:
- Maximized active speaker (default) – automatically maximizes the currently active speaker on the recording, with all of the participants’ pictures shown on the right-hand side in smaller size
- Tiled – displays all of the participants’ pictures in tiles of approximately the same size.
To choose the layout for your call recordings, head to your Call Recordings page, choose the desired layout and click “Save Changes”. The new layout will apply to any subsequent call recordings you make.
I’m Pressing the Recording Button but Nothing Is Happening. Why?
The recording button will be disabled if you chose to have your recordings saved to your Gruveo storage and the storage is full. Delete the recordings you don’t need, or switch to saving your recordings to Dropbox or Google Drive. See the instructions above.