Zapier is an online automation tool that connects hundreds of apps, such as Slack, MailChimp, Calendly, and Gruveo. With Zapier, you can automate repetitive tasks without coding or developers and it’s easy enough that anyone can build their own app workflows with just a few clicks.
Note: Gruveo integration for Zapier is currently in invite-only mode. To get your invite and start using Gruveo in your Zaps, shoot us a message.
How Gruveo Works with Zapier
Gruveo provides a Zapier action to create a random Gruveo call room and then use its name and URL in the follow-on steps of your workflow. To make use of this action in your workflow (a Zap), do the following:
- Click “Zaps” in the left menu of your Zapier account and choose to create a new Zap.
- Under “Choose App & Event”, find the app you want to connect with Gruveo.
- Under “Action App”, find Gruveo.
- Make sure that “Create a Call Room” is selected for the Gruveo action, and then click “Continue”.
- You will be prompted to test creating a Gruveo room. Click “Test & Continue”.
Note how the Gruveo action provides the room name and URL that you can now use in other actions:
- Add any follow-on action(s) to your Zap that will make use of the Gruveo room’s name and/or URL. For example, you may want to add a Gmail action to send the room URL to a contact.
Example: Automatically Creating a Gruveo Room for Your Calendly Appointments
Calendly is a meeting scheduling tool that lets others easily book meetings with you. In this example, we will be creating a Zapier workflow to automatically create a Gruveo call room for your Calendly bookings, and then email the room link to the invitee using Gmail.
Our workflow will consist of three parts:
- A Calendly “Invitee Created” trigger
- A Gruveo action to create a call room
- A Gmail action to send an email with the room URL to the booking invitee.
Let’s go through creating this Zap step by step.
Setting Up the Calendly Trigger
- Head over to Zapier and create a new Zap with Calendly as the trigger app.
- Select “Invitee Created” for the trigger.
- You will be prompted to enter your Calendly API token, which can be generated on the Calendly integrations page.
- When prompted, test the trigger to ensure that the connection to Calendly works.
Setting Up the Gruveo Action
Set up the “Create a Call Room” action with Gruveo as described under “How Gruveo Works with Zapier” above.
Setting Up the Gmail Action
- Click the “+” button to add another action to your Zap.
- Choose the Gmail app and then select the “Send Email” action.
- Follow the prompts to connect your Gmail account.
- Setup the email to be sent to the Calendly invitee. Fill out the email fields as follows:
- To: Select “Invitee Email” from the “Invitee Created” trigger
- Bcc: Enter your own email to receive the Gruveo room link sent to the meeting invitee.
- Subject: Enter “Your meeting link is ready”.
- Body: Write the body of your email. Select “URL” from the “Create a Call Room” action to insert the Gruveo room URL.
- Review the email to be sent and (optionally) send a test email.
You’re all set! From now on, a link to a random new Gruveo room will be automatically emailed to anyone booking a meeting with you using Calendly. Once you both click the link on the scheduled date and time, the call will begin.
Supercharge Your Workflows
The Calendly Zap above is just one example of what you can do with Gruveo on Zapier. Make sure to explore what integrations Zapier has to offer to get ideas for how you can make Gruveo work with other apps you use and love.