Your permanent Gruveo links come with a feature that notifies you about any incoming calls you miss. If someone calls one of the links assigned to you and the call doesn’t get answered, you will receive an email notification with the details of the call. This works regardless of whether the caller chose to leave a message or not.
The notification you receive will include the following information:
- The time of the call
- The caller’s location (down to the city) or their own Gruveo @link, if any
- The website the call originated from
- The platform the call was placed from, e.g. desktop or mobile.
Missed call notifications work independently of Text Mail, which allows a caller to leave their contact info and a text message if they were unable to reach you.
Can I Turn Off Missed Call Email Notifications?
If you’d prefer not to receive email notifications when a call on one of your links is missed, you can disable this feature by following the steps below:
- Log into your account on the Gruveo website
- In your dashboard, click “Notifications and Messages”
- Uncheck the checkbox that says “Get notified by email about missed calls”
- Click “Save changes”.
“Get notified by email about missed calls” is a per-user setting. If another user in your account has missed call notifications enabled, they will be receiving them even if you turn the notifications off for yourself.